Thursday, January 25, 2018

Billy Strings and Greensky Bluegrass 1/24/18

Went to see music at the Egg last night.
It's a really neat building.
Met really great friends. Ran into a bunch more really great friends
Billy Strings was very impressive. Charismatic young virtuoso flat picker. Hot band.
Greensky came on. My first time seeing them.
They were unassuming and sincere. My favorite kind of musician. . The songwriting and  playing was masterful and soulful.
Their jams get as deep, interesting and grooving as any of the best traditional jamband line ups. All on strings alone.
Even though I'm an old and had to sit down at times during second set, I was so happy to be in this special place.
There were egg puns. It was casual Wednesday.
I hope there are more Greensky egg puns next year. Wouldn't complain about another casual Wednesday either.

No comments:

Post a Comment